Policy perspectives on rural practice change
The video above provides an edited version of the presentation (around 9 minutes). You can also download a video of the whole presentation (25 minutes) for later by right clicking here: Download mov. Warning: it's a very large file - 90Mb.
View presentation at SlideShare
Click the player below to start listening to the full presentation (25 minutes). Or right-click on the Download MP3 link below to save for later.
Pannell, D.J. (2008). Public benefits, private benefits, and policy intervention for land-use change for environmental benefits, Land Economics 84(2): 225-240. Full paper http://cyllene.uwa.edu.au/~dpannell/ppf3.pdf (160K)
Pannell, D.J. (2009). Technology change as a policy response to promote changes in land management for environmental benefits, Agricultural Economics 40(1), 95-102. Prepublication version: here http://cyllene.uwa.edu.au/~dpannell/sif3-ppf2.pdf (117K pdf file)
Pannell, D.J. (2004). Effectively communicating economics to policy makers. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 48(3): 535-555. http://cyllene.uwa.edu.au/~dpannell/j78ajare.pdf
Marsh, S.P., Pannell, D.J. and Lindner, R.K. (2004). Does extension pay? A case study for a new crop, lupins, in Western Australia. Agricultural Economics 30(1): 17-30. http://cyllene.uwa.edu.au/~dpannell/dpap984f.htm
Pannell, D.J., Marshall, G.R., Barr, N., Curtis, A., Vanclay, F. and Wilkinson, R. (2006). Understanding and promoting adoption of conservation practices by rural landholders. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture 46(11): 1407-1424. [If you or your organisation subscribes to the Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture you can access the paper at: http://www.publish.csiro.au/nid/72/paper/EA05037.htm (or non-subscribers can buy a copy on-line for A$25). Otherwise, email David.Pannell@uwa.edu.au to ask for a copy.]
Pannell, D.J., Marshall, G.R., Barr, N., Curtis, A., Vanclay, F. and Wilkinson, R. (2006). Adoption of conservation practices by rural landholders, Connections: Farm, Food and Resource Issues, here http://www.agrifood.info/connections/2006/Pannell_et_al.html. (summary version of above paper).
141. Thinking strategically about practice change, http://cyllene.uwa.edu.au/~dpannell/pd/pd0141.htm
119. The policy zeitgeist, http://cyllene.uwa.edu.au/~dpannell/pd/pd0119.htm
120. The Landcare boom, http://cyllene.uwa.edu.au/~dpannell/pd/pd0120.htm
67. Using communication and education to encourage land-use change in agriculture for environmental benefits, http://cyllene.uwa.edu.au/~dpannell/pd/pd0067.htm
66. Using incentives to buy land-use change in agriculture for environmental benefits, http://cyllene.uwa.edu.au/~dpannell/pd/pd0066.htm
25. Targeting agricultural extension to high-impact areas, http://cyllene.uwa.edu.au/~dpannell/pd/pd0025.htm
23. Capacity building? The role of communication and education in NRM, http://cyllene.uwa.edu.au/~dpannell/pd/pd0023.htm
You are welcome to share the information on this web site with colleagues or with other web sites. To assist with this, you can use the various social networking logos below.